February 6th, 2008
2187 West 14th Street. The congregation was organized in 1910 as the Pan Hellenic Society with services held downtown in a hall on the corner of Bolivar and Ontario Streets. In 1918 the Society became known as the Greek Orthodox Church of the Annunciation. The current church’s construction also began in 1918. Until 1937 this was Cleveland’s only church for Greeks.
Courtesy of “A Guide to Cleveland’s Sacred Landmarks” by Armstrong, Klein, Armstrong and
“Tremont’s Churches” by Victoria George and Drew Rolik, HABITAT magazine, February 9 / February 13, 1990
Entry Filed under: Churches