Archive for June 14th, 2007

History of Immanuel Lutheran Church

immanuel50thanniversary3.jpg2928 Scranton Rd.  Immanuel Lutheran Church traces its history to Trinity Lutheran Church on West 30th St. in Cleveland.  In 1853, Trinity opened their first school on the West 30th St. property.  Because so many of the members were locating in the “Brooklyn” (of which Tremont was a part) area, a second school was erected facing Seymour Ave., off Scranton Road (in Tremont).  Candidate of Theology, Henry Weseloh, was brought to Cleveland from Germany to assist Pastor Niemann, of Trinity in 1876.  Aside from being assistant pastor at Trinity, it was understood he should devote himself especially to “Brooklyn” with the thought of establishing a new congregation there. Read more …

Add comment June 14th, 2007