Pilgrim Congregational Church, its founding and early years Camp Cleveland

Lemko Hall

April 22nd, 2007

lemkohall.jpg1048 Literary St.  Lemko Hall was built in 1911 by Andrew Koreny and was originally a social hall with a saloon, gambling rooms and a spacious ballroom.  It remained the home of Andrew Koreny until purchased by the Lemko Association Branch No. 6.  The local branch was formed in 1929, and the larger group was organized in Cleveland in 1931 to serve the Rusyns from the “Lemko” region of the Carpathian Mountains.  The first Lemko Social & Civic Club in Cleveland was located at 1037 Starkweather Ave. in the mid-1930’s.  By 1937 the hall moved to 1205 Starkweather, until 1946 when it moved to W. 11th St.   In 1977 the hall gained fame when it was used to film the wedding feast in the film The Deer Hunter.  In 1988, Lemko Hall was declared a landmark.

Entry Filed under: Buildings

11 Comments Add your own

• 1. Melanie Dohoda  |  March 12th, 2010 at 3:39 pm

I just found your site and was happy to see it. My grandfather spent time living on West 14th and in the Lemko social club. I have many memories in this building. It is amazing, I was just doing a little research on the Lemko people because I found a box of my grandfather’s Lemko Almanacs that he had saved. I really didn’t know what they were. Thank you for your time and trouble.

Melanie Dohoda

• 2. Andrew  |  February 21st, 2011 at 8:14 am

very inresting!

• 3. Lemko club | Dinkiwinki&hellip  |  October 27th, 2011 at 2:30 am

[…] The Tremont History Project » Lemko HallApr 22, 2007 … The first Lemko Social & Civic Club in Cleveland was located at 1037 Starkweather Ave. in the mid-1930’s. By 1937 the hall moved to 1205 … […]

• 4. Lael  |  December 8th, 2011 at 9:35 am

i really want to learn more about this! THE DEER HUNTER really intruiged me!

• 5. Roman Barran  |  March 16th, 2013 at 5:14 pm

I have alot of information about treamont, I also was brought up here for 55yrs Please contact me

• 6. screen resolution  |  February 10th, 2017 at 1:43 pm

Screen resolution is a thing that manages appearance of your display and display properties like display content and images etc. Now you can easily handle your screenresolution by given link.

• 7. essay papers online  |  February 21st, 2017 at 10:43 am

Lemko Hall looks like a building of huge history importance. I definitely want to visit this place one day and I will definitely go here one day. It would be like a dream come true for me.

• 8. aatoli  |  May 28th, 2017 at 3:16 pm

I got the Homework Help that I need. Cool homework help website for all Subjects. Facility to ask a Tutor Online hassle free without waiting with customer support as other similar service provider do and get Help with Middle School.

• 9. Quickbooks Support Phone Number  |  July 11th, 2017 at 11:59 pm